Thursday, August 20, 2015

Introducing the Fabulous Thule Thunell

The mister finally caved and got me a cat! I have been begging him for one ever since we bought our home and this week he finally agreed. After welcome this lady into out home I definitely think he is converted into a cat guy. Plus, two months is just enough time to adjust to life with this new family member before the baby arrives.

We adopted her from the Cat Care Society near our home. We loved that it is a cage-free facility and were beyond impressed by how well all of the cats are treated. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone in the Denver area in the market for a new kitty. 

Anyways, I was dead set on getting an adult cat in order to give a good home to an animal who would likely have a harder time being adopted. So naturally the second we arrived I fell head over heels for  the first grey KITTEN I saw. I am telling you, my heart was set on that little baby. So imagine my disappointment when we got up to the counter to discuss the adoption and I was told she was the ONLY cat in the ENTIRE facility that was on reserve for a family in Iowa. We left very sad and very empty handed. But alas, I didn't give up. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise that the first cat didn't work out because the next day we went back (the workers probably thought we were crazy for spending multiple hours there 2 days in a row) and I met the sweet little lady that would soon be ours. She is two years old and all white with the exception of two black spots above her eyes, a (mostly) black tail, and one black butt cheek (not kidding...). And I am so so happy that we were able to get an adult!

So far she is a major trouble maker and likes to get herself stuck in places she can't get out of. Like inside of walls, behind kitchen cabinets, inside JJ's rocker, etc. However, as she is becoming more comfortable with our home, she is doing far less stupid things each day. And she is so dang cute that I can never stay mad at her for long. For now she is basically content as long as she receives lots of head pets, can play with the wrong end of her toy, and is fed lots of white meat chicken. 

Gosh, we just love our sweet girl! I can't wait for her and JJ to be best chums and cause all sorts of mischief together. Oh, and we named her Thule. Pronounced Two-Lee. It's Swedish.

No comments:

Post a Comment