Saturday, August 1, 2015

Thunell Baby Shower

Last weekend my sweet sister, mama, and mother-in-law hosted a beautiful baby shower in honor of Baby Thunell and I. They totally spoiled us! It was incredibly special to see the amount of love and support surrounding this little man and know that his life will be full of such wonderful people. 

The party was absolutely perfect from start to finish! Because it was a morning shower, there was a huge spread of breakfast foods--everything from Einstein's bagels (my absolute favorite!), sweet breads, fresh fruit, juices, egg casserole, and of course bundt cake. I am all about that bundt cake. 

Of course no shower would be complete without a few activities. A diaper raffle, The Price is Right game, and pass the prize (a prize was passed around every time I opened something blue) kept the guest entertained throughout the event. I was actually really sad I couldn't win because my mom picked out two of my favorite things--loaves of great harvest bread and Starbucks gift cards--as the prizes. 

One of the most treasured parts of the shower was the guest book--a copy of Wheels on the Bus--where the guests wrote their best parenting advice. It was so sweet to read their words of wisdom after the shower and feel inspired that I actually WILL survive this whole parenting thing. 

Then the day was finished with the most darling take away gifts put together by my mom. She packed my favorite herbal teas into tiny muslin bags stamped with the saying "A Baby is Brewing". Seriously, could she be any cuter? I about died when I saw them! 

With over 40 guests the place was packed, the chatter was abundant, and my heart was so full! Thank you from the bottom of my heart Carl, Grammy Llama, and Samantha for such a special day. Now we just have to get this baby boy to make his grand entrance! 

My favorite ladies
The handsome baby daddy
My ultra crafty sister made THREE of these darling diaper cakes! I know what I will be making as baby shower gifts for the rest of my life! Seriously, I was drooling over these!
The bundt cake and mini bundtinis
Milk jars filled with juice
Look at my dreamy little helper! I swoon over his red hair every time I see him!
My rockin' brother-in-law helped us clean up and load up our car. What would we do without those muscles? 

The take away gifts

1 comment: