Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mischief Managed

At first
I was devastated to have missed the midnight premier of Harry Potter.
(I finally decided that throwing myself into a room of 10 screaming todds on 3 hours of sleep would be a recipe for disaster!)
Though it probably turned out for the best...
There was only about two-thirds of a theater full of people yesterday evening
to see me crying.
Okay okay,
bawling is probably more like it.

The movie was every bit as epic as I could have hoped,
and I even managed to sneak in a bag of Pirate Booty and a can Diet Coke!

But nonetheless, I was sad when it ended.
Sad that this story and these characters who grew up beside me were done.
It was finally over.

It feels more than a little silly to be blogging about Harry Potter.
But I truly loved those stories.
Still do, in fact.
I used to pretend I was there.
Living at Hogwarts, eating cauldron cakes, and exploring in an invisibility cloak.
With a wand, a crimson and gold stripped Gryffindor scarf, and the Marauders map.
These stories made my childhood magical.
And really, it will never be over...


Reading in bed. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Chapter 6: The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-quarters (Taken with Instagram at Rosa’s Bed)

"The stories we love best do live in us forever."
--J.K. Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment