Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Little Things...

My secret dream job is to be a kindergarten teacher.
If I wasn't such a science minded girl, that is.
Luckily, 
I have an El Ed major of a roommate
who constantly humors my desire to hear all about her art classes, music classes, children's literature classes, and child development classes.
The other night
I came home to find a giant pile of children's books on our couch.
On top
was my most FAVORITE childhood book.... Miss Nelson is Missing.
It reminds me of my granny.
Per my request,
she would sit with me in her squishy velvet rocker
and read it to me over and over again.
I was surprised by how many of the words I still have memorized.
So I probably sat down and read it.
And then read 2, or, 3, or 4, or 5 other stories.
It's the little things like that, you know...

Happy Reading!  Oh Happy Life!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my what a awesome memory. Grannie loved to read to you. Do you remember "Go Dog Go." You and Carly memorized the words before you learned to read. You would be reading away -- with the book up side down. Love you.

    ReplyDelete