Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hot Mess

My Monday this week can only be described in one way....


a hot mess.  


By the late afternoon, I was desperate for a break.  In the summertime, I have this habit of just driving around for no particular reason to clear my head and make time to think.  Windows down (or up), music blasting (or not), up the canyon (or to the city or on the backroads to Golden or anywhere really).  On Monday, I ended up in a deserted neighborhood street with a perfect view of the Provo temple.  Shoved in the back of my glove box I found a card from an old friend with a quote that really helped put things into perspective.  

"The sun shines and warms 
and lights us and we have 
no curiosity to know why this is so; 
but we ask the reason of all evil, 
or pain, and hunger, 
and mosquitoes, and silly people."  
--Ralph Waldo Emerson    


Attitude truly makes all the difference in the world.  Maybe things aren't going my way today, but I can still choose to be happy.  There is joy to be found in every situation, as long as we are willing to search for it.  And trust me, Monday I had to search very very hard.  Life is about relishing in the small things.  About smiling amidst the storm.  About making the best of things.  Ironically, Monday was also Valentine's day....  So, in celebration of the day of love, I made is a list of a few of the "sunny" things in my life.  The things I love.  Oh, how much I have to be grateful for!



I am convinced that I have the BEST roommates in the entire world.  They are the silliest, spiciest, strongest, most talented, and gorgeous group of girls in the entire world.  What would I ever do without them?



                             
My favorite treat lately is a bowl of sugar free chocolate pudding and fresh sliced strawberries.  Plus, because of Valentine's Day, strawberries were on sale for like....$2.49!  Bam.




He Is We...currently playing on nonstop repeat from my I-Pod.  They have a concert tonight in Salt Lake, which I am absolutely devastated to be missing.  Maybe next time.  Seriously though, if you haven't heard of them, GET ON IT.  Particularly the song "Happily Ever After".  It will change you life!



H^2+2K+LAM
We may be seperated by a million miles, states (/ countries), and years, but I know we will always be best friends.  




Letter day.  Nothing makes me smile more than coming home from a long day of school to find one of these in these waiting in the mailbox!  
P.S. Notice the snowflake stationary...




Kuulture.  (I've been trying to find a comparable frozen yogurt joint in Utah for the past year and a half.  Still looking....)



Bellingham, Washington.  There will always be a little piece of my heart that belongs to this place and the wonderful people I met there.  The spot where this picture was take is a short 10 minuet walk from the dorm room where I lived for 4 months.  Rainy, forests, ocean, mountains.  Bliss.






Devonshire 20.
The happiest place on earth!




Valentine's Flowers.




I'm applying to the BYU Jerusalem center for Fall semester.  I cannot begin to describe my excitment at the prospects of living in the Holy Land for 4 months.  Standing where Christ stood.  Where he walked.  Where he ministered.  Where he died.  It's exhilerating because I won't know if I am accepted until April...which means no signing housing with my roommates, no signing up for classes, no nothing.  Keep your fingers crossed that I get in!  


This little beauty became mine for Christmas and is literally my pride and joy.  My list of sewing projects is currently a mile long (quilt of my high school t-shirts, embroider ties for all the missionaries, aprons, casserole dish covers, ect), and hopefully with a 3 day weekend coming up, I'll have some spare time work!  Domestic goddess?  Check!

Oh Happy Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment