Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Dirty Little Secret



The past couple of weeks I have been keeping quite the little secret from you all.
In fact, I have been very hard at work
FINALLY planting my garden.
Yes, it is indeed mid-June,
but better late than never, right?
Herbs.
Cherry Tomatoes.
Regular Tomatoes.
Egg Plant.
Pumpkin.
Yellow Summer Squash.
and Zucchini.

My nails are constantly caked in dirt these days,
My hand is healing a blister from a little too much shoveling.
And I have mosquito bites covering every inch of my legs.
But it is a small price to pay...
for in return I am witnessing a miracle in my very own backyard.
Watching the tiniest plant blossom into something fruitful and abundant.
It's interesting how Heavenly Father is present everywhere,
in every lonely blade of grass
but also in the grandeur of the mountains.
You just have to open our eyes and look,
and I promise, you'll never find Him too far away.


I even made a little sign out of some old crooked wood.
The Secret Garden.
My little garden.




  
 And popsicle stick plant markers.


Tonight I made salmon with a side of spicy pineapple rice that called for some fresh cilantro.
For some reason, herbs served five minuets after pickin' 
are so much more delectable than grocery store herbs.
It's decided that I must have an herb garden in my window once I finally move back to Provo.

And of course,
these are some of mother's roses.
I couldn't resist...


"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."
--Kahlil Gibran


Happy Green Thumb!  Oh Happy Life!

2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks like so much fun! I love your little markers. My family used to plant big vegetable gardens and I miss it so much. Maybe next year I can do something like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute. I want a secret garden, but I think they're not allowed in New York or something.

    ReplyDelete