Monday, February 20, 2012

i love jack johnson

This weekend, was a quite and cozy sort of occasion.
2 of the 4 roomies were out of town.
Needless to say, 
there was a lot of studying going on in our apartment without them.
And a lot of hours spent in stretchy pants and thick wool socks.
But sometimes you just need a few days like that.

Saturday,
I woke up super early thanks to that wonderful biological alarm clock of mine.
Went to the gym and read my scriptures even before the sun had made an apperance.
And then I made homemade whole wheat banana pancakes.
Topped with a splatter of yogurt,
a pinch of sliced almonds,
and fresh sliced bananas.
Just like a scene,
right out of my favorite Jack Johnson song.
Melt my heart.

Today I am grateful for hot showers before bed.
For friendships emerging in the most unlikely of situations.
For beautiful Utah sunrises.
Oh, and the mountains.
For Monday classes on Tuesday.
For an extra day to get things done.
And for new opportunities.
Happy President's Day!  Oh Happy Life!

1 comment:

  1. I love jack johnson too! mmm banana pancakes! yum! Thanks for entering my giveaway on tunes and spoons! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete