Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Balsamic Chicken

I'm basically obsessed with my slow cooker.
All you have to do is throw everything together, turn it on, and leave it until you are ready to eat.
It is perfect for us full time students/part time workers/part time internshipers who have ZIPPO free time.
Here is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes that I have ever made.
I stumbled upon last year (though I can't quite remember where I got it from)and did a braised version of it.
But I like it so much better made in the crockpot!
Side it with some crescent rolls or put it over rice or pasta. And the best part?
It is husband approved!
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken

Ingredients:
4-6 frozen chicken breasts
1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
1 14.5oz. can diced tomatoes
1 t. each rosemary, oregano, and basil
2 T. olive oil
1 small white onion, cut into thin pieces
4 cloves of garlic, chopped

Directions:
Put olive oil in the bottom of the slow cooker and swish it around so it gets all around the bottom.
Arrange the chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker.
Salt and pepper both sides of each breast.
Sprinkle with the seasonings and chopped garlic.
Place onions on top of the chicken.
Pour in the vinegar and tomatoes.
Cook on low for 4 hours and then high for the last 30 minuets.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment