Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Excuses

My plans for this weekend long holiday weekend...
housesitting.
And since I have to stay over night
for 5 nights in row,
I have generously given myself this as an "excuse"
to watch all 7 Harry Potter movies.
I have to be fully prepared for the final film of this spectacular series to come out in theaters, right?
Who cares if I have to work at 8am the next day!
You better believe I will be one of those (crazy) fans
waiting in line for hours on end
dressed up as a mythical creature
pretending that my fake wand actually does tricks.


Anyways,
Tomorrow is another potluck at work.
Obviously, I'm using this as an "excuse" too.
I need to perfect a recipe I've tried out a few times before,
but one that has never come out just right.
But mostly I was needing to pacify the little chocolate craving that has been screaming in my ear all day long.
And what better way to than with some homemade...

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes




Cake Ingredients:
(makes about 30 cupcakes)
1 box dark chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
3/4 c. water
1/2 c. oil
1 c. sour cream
1 or 2 t. vanilla extract
1 prepared recipe of your favorite chocolate chip cookies, unbaked
(To save time, you can totally use a bake-and-break package of cookies)

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
1 8oz. block cream cheese
1 cube butter
2-3 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2-4 T. Milk

Cake Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together oil, water, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
Add in the cake mix.
Allow to mix in an electric mixer for several minuets, until well-combined and smooth.
Spoon about 1/8 c. of batter into lined cupcake trays.
Plop a little 1 in. ball of cookie dough into each cupcake section, pushing down until it hits the bottom of the tray.
Spoon a little more batter over the top of the cookie dough.
Bake for about 15 minuets, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

 Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting Directions:
Beat together cream cheese and butter for about 5 minuets.  It should be light and whippy.
Add in cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and milk.  You can alter the amounts of these ingredients to achieve the desired chocolaty taste and consistency.  
Spoon into piping bag and swirl onto cupcakes.  
It may be helpful to chill frosting in refrigerator for 15-30 minuets before piping.  That'll give the frosting ample time to firm up a bit.  






Happy Housesitting!  Oh Happy Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment