Monday, April 2, 2012

Poem, Pizza, and a Birthday

A poem. 
Dedicated to Miss Elizabeth (middlenameless) Jolley.

April 2nd if the best day of the year.
Because your were born.
And now...you are here?

Okay, so my poetry skills are lacking.
But really, today is the twenty second birthday of my wonderful roommate Lizzie!
A major celebration was in order, but with only one small problem...
see, Lizzie doesn't really do the whole celebration thing.
So we sort of thrust it upon her!
mwhaha.

Midnight room decorating spree.
Chocolate cake batter cookies with mini cadbury eggs baked.
Card created.
Diet coke purchased.  
(I mean who wouldn't want a 12 pack of this stuff for their birthday)
Dinner attended. 
(I'm probably obsessed with Pizza Factory.  I'd take a bouquet of those breadsticks over flowers anyway.  Boys, take note.)
10 candles smashed into one cookie.
Wishes made.
Songs (un)sung.
Love shared.

Happy Birthday Dear!
I don't know how I would have stayed sane without you this semester.
Are you suuuure you have to move out and go to grad school in just a few weeks?
I feel some major road trips to DC/Salt Lake/Logan/Boston/Seattle coming on!
(She has a lot of options...)
Hope your day was every bit as marvelous as you!
(p.s. do I love these girls are ridiculous amount? sure do.)

Happy Birthday Lizzie!  Oh Happy Life!

1 comment:

  1. I just found this. Am I a stalker? Yes. But I'm on your blog!

    ReplyDelete